- Responsible to ensure that all QE deliverables (e.g.: Quality Objectives, MSA, Control Plans, Part Inspection, Capability Studies, and Customer PPAP) are executed on time and to the appropriate level of detail.
- Develop key Customer relationships in the Supplier Quality Area for successful execution of our launches.
- Develop key internal relationships, with the goal of removing roadblocks and resolving issues for successful execution of our launches.
- Develop QE resource budgets and staffing needs, participate in the interview process and add resources, as they are required.
- Develop and execute Individual Development Plans and performance reviews for each QE.
- Participate in the quoting process to ensure that the appropriate quality resources and objectives are considered prior to receiving the Business award.
- Actively participate in Program Reviews and Phase Exits Reviews
- Prepare a monthly assessment of all PLUS QE deliverables for the programs within their area of responsibility. Mitigate risk with corrective actions required for any that have 'yellow' or 'red' status.
- Advanced Quality Planning including familiarity with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plan standard, FMEA's, PPAPs, Dimensional layouts, gage/fixture design, and Performance/Material testing.
- Advanced statistical concepts, design of experiments, and problem-solving methodology
- Qualified as a BOS lead auditor
- Certified as a Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience in Seating, Frame and or Foaming is desirable
- Actively supports plant safety efforts through departmental participation in safety meetings and safety walks
- Engages in safe practices as well as follows and enforces safety rules and job rotations.
- Must be willing to report unsafe conditions, reporting unsafe acts, participating in safety/ergonomic committees, participating in safety Kaizen events, participating in Blue Sky initiatives, participating in safety audits, and participating in safety observation feedback events.
- Assist the plant in achieving safety goals while achieving and maintaining Safe Workplace and Environmental and Sustainability AMS objectives.
- Initiate timely investigations of all reported incident/accidents, injuries and timely completion of all 8Ds listing the "5 whys" and identify and document the root cause.
- Leads Quality function within their area of responsibility, typically providing direct leadership to Quality Engineers. Provides leadership to a large area of responsibility.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Technical field preferred with 5+ years of experience in Quality or production functions. Specific education and training in Quality disciplines including, at minimum ISO/TS16949 or QS9000, Continuous Improvement, Total Quality Management, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, DoE, SPC. Leadership/management experience.
- Professional certification or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent Communication skills to ensure proper Customer Relationship
- Attend all required training.
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email email@example.com.