The Semi Driver is responsible for operation of commercial motor vehicle to pick up raw material with attention to prompt and efficient customer service.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Run established route; pick up raw materials; weigh in raw material when returning to plant and weigh in and out of customer location as needed.
* Responsible for ensuring loads are tarped before leaving plant or customer location; maintain cleanliness at customer locations.
* Responsible for company vehicle; keeps vehicle in clean condition.
* Conducts all safety checks and inspections of vehicle; operates vehicle under state, federal, local regulations and in accordance with company policy and procedures; observes all company safety rules.
* Maintain excellent customer relations by presenting professional appearance and attitude.
* Responsible for completing all company required paperwork in accordance with company policies (route tickets, driver vehicle inspection reports, mileage reports, service forms, etc).
* Maintain and update vehicle condition report daily.
* Maintain DOT hours of service with onboard computer in accordance with company policy.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Must be current CDL Class A holder with clean MVR.
* Must be registered onhttps://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/
* Experience preferred, but not required.
* Works well with others in a team environment.
* Dependable; reliable
* Knowledge of safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle and general maintenance.
Constantly required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: HTTP://WWW1.EEOC.GOV/EMPLOYERS/UPLOAD/EEOC_SELF_PRINT_POSTER.PDF