To weld and fabricate parts in accordance with job specifications and per company standards.
RESPONSIBLITIES AND RESULTS:
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, work orders to plan, layout, assembly, and welding operations. Will set up and operate welding equipment to weld, repair, join or fabricate parts by working off blueprints, sketches or verbal orders.
- Performs seam finishing, component fit-up, drilling and tapping and other minor machining functions, recommends tooling needs to save time.
- Moves material with appropriate equipment throughout the work area as needed (forklifts and crane, etc.)
- Completes standard job sheets for each job.
- Reports any discrepancies in material to management.
- Maintains tools, gauges and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Complies with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety regulations.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Press brake experience preferred
- Proficiency in MIG, TIG, stick welding
- Ability to create drawings from verbal direction
- PC literacy in basic programs
- Literacy and reading comprehension a must
- Basic math skills
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day including Saturday and Sunday when required.
Working leadership within the team is a must, (i.e., setting examples for coworkers to follow).
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Able to use tools, wrenches, and metal cutting devices.
- This is a fast-paced work environment that requires a sharp sense of your surroundings.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time, and cover a lot of ground. In the summer months it does get very hot, and you must keep yourself hydrated.
- You must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
- Three or more years of related work experience.
- Able to read blue prints.
- Knowledge of and experience with TIG, MIG, stick welding, riveting and soldering, as well as calipers, and multiple measuring devices.