CONNECTED PRODUCTS SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (FULL-TIME | GRAND RAPIDS, MI)
Open Systems Technologies OST (www.ostusa.com) is searching for a Connected Products Developer to add to our Cloud Platform team in Grand Rapids, MI. OST is committed to honoring our employees, delighting our clients, serving with humility and encouraging entrepreneurship and innovation. As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for supporting our clients cloud initiatives while working closely with your Cloud Platform, Application development and Design teammates. This practice at OST is on the cutting-edge of new and innovative technologies and will work primarily within Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the Platform as a Service (PaaS) model. You will also focus on the development and delivery of client projects within the Internet of Things (IoT) space.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
* Developing & designing Cloud based and IoT solutions that comprise smart sensors/devices, wireless communication, mobile, web and other applications.
* Designing, developing and maintaining high-quality code for simple to complex components of a product, focusing on implementation.
* Collaborating with team members or other groups in writing functional, design, and interface specifications and prototypes.
* Working with hardware and firmware developers to design cloud connectivity
* Follow industry standard software life-cycle process when developing software
* Staying on the cutting-edge of technology evolution in the IoT area, and closely connecting with external technology partners and innovations.
* Clearly communicating with internal and external stake holders to connect business needs to technology solutions, and help commercialize these ideas
WHAT YOU BRING:
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent years of experience
* Must have experience developing Cloud applications for AWS (or Azure)
* Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial services
* A commitment to best practices. At OST, we want all opinions and ideas shared when it comes to our processes, DevOps, etc.
* Ability to embrace innovationand have a forward-thinking mindset
OST is an award-winning, 220-person, $160m global technology and design firm with offices located in Grand Rapids, Detroit, Minneapolis, and London. OST is focused on enterprise data centers and business transformation services such as design strategy, software development, data analytics and IoT. From designers, developers and data-gurus to data center specialists and experts, OST has been providing solutions to global Fortune 2000 companies for 20 years within key verticals such as healthcare, manufacturing, retail, insurance and finance. This is all wrapped in a friendly, flexible, people-centered culture. OST has been recognized in Inc. Magazines 5,000s Fastest Growing Private Companies nine times, CRNs Tech Elite 250, and as a National Best & Brightest Company to Work For. Please visit our website atwww.ostusa.com for more information on our company and other opportunities.
You matter! Your experiences matter, your journey with OST matters, and your success matters. People drive all our achievements, and we know that taking care of each other takes care of everything else. Becauseeveryonematters, we strive to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within our company, the work we do, and our communities. Well surely face challenges along the way. And well all continually learn from them to build a caring culture true to our guiding principles: honor, delight, serve, embrace, and learn.
OST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.