SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Rockford.
A day in the life of a Pharmacy Intern Year 2 is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to assist licensed pharmacists by accurately and efficiently dispensing prescribed medication and other healthcare products to patients. Provide exceptional, courteous customer service while receiving prescription and refill requests; operate pharmacy computer system and maintain patient records.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Receive prescription and refill requests from customers and/or clinics in a professional and courteous manner.
- Retrieve, count, pour, weigh, mix, pack and/or label products under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Maintain customer profiles and prepare insurance forms.
- Responsible to stock and take inventory of department merchandise and maintain familiarity with all products; notify Pharmacy Manager of supplies/products that need to be ordered.
- Ability to assist with maintenance and stocking functions in pharmacies with Automation.
- Maintain a clean and well-stocked work area; ensure the department complies with Company standards.
- Operate cash register as needed and perform all related check out procedures accurately and in a timely manner.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- High School Diploma (Required)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (Required)
- Knowledge of HIPPA Privacy and Security Rules, pharmacy laws, rules, and guidelines
- Good written and verbal
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform theessential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.