SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Grand Rapids.
A day in the life of a Cash Office Lead is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to perform all phases of the store's accounting operations in an accurate and efficient manner to ensure that the work shift contributes positively to the best interest of the store.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Always observe strict confidential records and financial information while safeguarding against unauthorized access to such information.
- Monitor front end activities to ensure that all cashiers comply with stores policies in the handling of all transactions: cash, checks, debit/credit/EBT cards, ID requirements, over rings, refunds, bottle returns, vendor coupons, gift certificates, lottery tickets sales, and policies pertaining to the sale of alcoholic beverages, tobacco, pseudoephedrine, etc.
- Accurately operate cash register, display cost of customer purchase, make change, cash checks, and issue receipt.
- Assist the Office Specialist by accurately balancing cash and media to ledger and ensuring cash is controlled and safely deposited.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, analyze and interpret documents
- Basic mathematical skills
- Detail oriented+
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.