The Payroll and Human Resources Assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of payroll and human resources functions and duties. The Payroll and HR Assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: payroll, HRIS, employee relations, training and development, benefits, HR administration, and employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist the Payroll Manager in all aspects of the payroll process and provide backup as needed.
- Run weekly and bi-weekly payrolls in ADP Workforce Now.
- Update employee records, process wage garnishments, tax levies and friend of the court deductions.
- Assist with administration of employee savings program.
- Assist with the recording of benefit expenses and assist HR with benefit system administration.
- Assists the Human Resources Coordinator in recruitment, training, benefits, safety and onboarding programs and activities.
- Welcomes new employees to the organization by conducting orientation (new hire, benefits, safety). Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company and company goals. Processes all new-employee paperwork, adhering to all government standards that apply.
- Administers company service award programs.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data into HRIS and generates scheduled or requested reports to assist management. Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely manner. Assists in maintaining employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements and upmost confidentiality. Scans document into HRIS System.
- Assist with company event planning as needed to include ordering lunches, ordering flowers and cards for employees for events such as illness, death in family, birth, and so on.
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, scanning and printing information; organizing work; answering the telephone; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Assists in the development and updating of the Human Resources section of the company websites and intranet.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Administrative technology certificate or an associate's degree is preferred
- Experience in payroll processing, general accounting and human resources administration.
- Working knowledge of Internet Explorer, & MS Outlook; MS Excel and MS Word. Experience with payroll processing software, ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Experience in Document Imaging and indexing.
- Ability to process basic functions and formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Highly proficient in computer skills and technology
- Accurate and meticulous in data entry
- Strong clerical, administrative and general office skills
- Exceptional calculation and memory skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Able to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time
Supporting a drug free workplace.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.”