PAY LEVEL WILL BE DIRECTLY TIED TO EXPERIENCE LEVEL
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
The Electrical Maintenance Technician must be capable of performing both preventative and corrective maintenance in an industrial environment to ensure continuous improvement of safety, quality, and productivity.
- Inspect, maintain, repair, overhaul solid-state low voltage (< 600VAC) motor control systems for primary plant equipment (AC and DC up to 3,000 hp) and support equipment (EOT cranes, evaporative cooling tower systems, air compressors, etc).
- Perform motor drive system maintenance and troubleshooting on Siemens and Rockwell families of drive systems.
- Troubleshooting using PLC interface for diagnostics.
- Assist in the installation, start-up, and commissioning of new equipment, as required; Assuring that all operations and utilities equipment complies with minimum Safety & Operational requirements.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of equipment maintenance activities.
- Assists in writing and reviewing of operational and safety JSAs on plant Equipment; improves procedures and develops new JSAs based on observations and experiences.
· Associate's degree in electrical or electronic engineering technology, or
· High school diploma supplemented by 3+ years of electrical maintenance and repair experience.
INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of 3+ years of electrical maintenance and repair experience in an industrial environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to perform all physical functions of working in a manufacturing environment such as, climbing, standing, bending, reaching and squatting. Must be able to lift to 40 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Working with and near electrical and mechanical machinery and equipment. Working in and on machines in a hot environment. Rotating shift work and overtime required.
- High school diploma or GED, supplemented by One (1) to Three (3) years of work experience in a manufacturing environment with automation, calibrated instrumentation, electrical and mechanical repairs, and laptop to PLC interfaces.
- Ability to read and interpret complex electronic/electrical drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of PLC logic, industrial automation and control systems, in-line measurement systems, hydraulics and pneumatics, etc. preferred.
- Able to systematically troubleshoot problems for highly technical equipment and instrumentation.
- Preferably able to safely operate a forklift and an aerial lift on occasion.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Industrial Electrician: 3 years (Required)
- Greenville, MI 48838 (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Overnight shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible