Experience in maintenance of apartment or senior care, health care or other “residential/institutional” properties, ability to read, write and carry out directions, and maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job. Ability to prepare walls and surfaces and paint neatly. Ability to operate carpet and upholstery cleaning equipment. Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to work from a list. Ability to identify problems and report concerns to supervisor. Experience with senior population helpful. Ability to work with frail elderly or elderly with dementia.
Scope and Purpose
Maintenance Assistant is responsible under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor for maintaining building and grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Routine maintenance
- Repair work performed upon completion of a written work/repair order.
- Painting of vacant apartments as directed by Maintenance supervisor.
- Carpet cleaning in resident apartments and general community areas as directed
- Upholstery cleaning as directed
- Responsible for weeding flower beds.
- Responsible to assure exits are clear of snow and ice in winter and that salt is properly applied and removed to prevent “slip and fall accidents.”
- Will assure gates are secure around the specialty care courtyard.
- Will routinely inspect the exterior of the building – including all sidewalks and parking areas, and take appropriate action to assure optimal condition is maintained.
- Other duties as assigned or as may be necessary to assure that the goals and objectives of this living center are fulfilled.