What you need to know:
· You do not need a license to work at our assisted living—we can hire and train any caring individual that will pass our state required background check
· Since we care for a vulnerable population, infection control is very important to us. We have safe procedures in place that go above and beyond most businesses. The health and safety of our residents and staff is a top priority
· We have flexible schedules and are willing to work with you
· Volunteer help or paid positions will be available
Heritage Property Management, our current loyal employees, and especially our senior residents can not thank you enough for your help and compassion.
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
? Fred Rogers
Resident Support Aide- RSA’s
Linden Square is seeking incredible, caring and compassionate individuals to join our team as Resident Support Aides. RSA’s are selected on the basis of such factors as a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the elderly, ability to read, write and carry out directions, and maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job. May be C.N.A.; C.E.N.A., or M.A, as well as non-certified.
Must be 17 or older.
Scope and Purpose
Will be assigned to provide service to a particular group of residents and will assure that all aspects of the residents’ Personal Service Plan are implemented. Must assure the resident is treated with dignity and respect, assuring that each resident remains optimally independent.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible to assure residents’ daily care and service needs are met, including all basic activities of daily living (bathing, grooming, hygiene, toilet assistance, dressing, eating, socializing, participating in activities, etc.)
· Assists residents to participate in Life Enrichment Events – may participate directly through leading an activity, assisting the LEC, or assisting residents to attend.
· Follows resident service plan for level of assistance and support needed.
· Reporting changes in the resident’s condition and needs as they occur.
· Light housekeeping chores, (including bed making, linen changes, straightening and dusting, trash removal, laundry, etc.)
· Uses safe and proper techniques for chemical/cleaning solutions, as well as storage of products, tools, and carts.
· Will practice appropriate safe, sanitary hygiene.
· Other duties as assigned or as may be necessary to assure that the goals and objectives of this living center are fulfilled.
Appledorn Assisted Living South is licensed by the Michigan Department of Human Services, Office of Child and Adult Licensing as a Home for the Aged. Our staff is carefully selected and trained to unobtrusively monitor each resident and their health - both physical and mental - watching for signs of pain, confusion, inattentiveness to personal hygiene, missed meals or changes in normal routine.
Our goal is to offer assistance when help is needed and encouragement to each of our residents to be as self-sufficient and independent as possible.