The Quality Assurance Specialist at ZFS will lead the completion of routine analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food/feed safety quality. The QA Specialist will be responsible for ensuring collaboration and compliance with co-manufacturers and third party contractors for all related QA policies, standards, and training. The QA Specialist will also work closely with Operations and Transportation to coordinate and plan programs that fall under Food Safety, Quality and other Regulatory areas. In the case that the QA Specialist is absent, the Corporate QA Manager or another HACCP and SQF trained individual will handle any Food Safety Matters until the QA Specialist returns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide support for coordination of QA processes with co-manufacturers. Will also provide support for ZFS products in the process between the co-manufacturer and the end customer. Includes keeping documents such as COA’s up to date.
- Ensures to co-manufacturer compliance with applicable company and regulatory standards (ZFS policies, SQF, Non-GMO, etc.) with the goal of guaranteeing finished products meet required specifications prior to releasing shipments.
- Performs QA inspections of third party warehouses to ensure compliance with ZFS and regulatory policies. Documents inspections and provides feedback to correct out of spec conditions.
- Performs QA inspections of transloading operations to ensure compliance with ZFS and regulatory policies. Documents inspections and provides feedback to correct out of spec conditions.
- Provides support to ZFS Freight, LLC to ensure compliance with FSMA through training.
- Provides QA management of Ingredients Division suppliers.
- Assisting with ZFS QA self-audits as required.
- Supports QA initiatives at other affiliated company facilities as required.
- All other duties assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in animal science, food science, or biological science, or 2+ years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment or food safety role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to find information or answers to problems or challenges when needed.
- Good communication skills and the professionalism to meet committed project deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system, Explorer, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- In depth knowledge of FDA and SQF food safety standards
- Experience with sampling, quality checks and lab equipment preferred.
Supporting a drug free workplace.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.”