Summary: CNC Machinist adheres to safety and product quality requirements while overseeing integrated CNC lathe function, monitoring tool life and completing projects on time in accordance with production plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing tools, techniques, technology and methods applicable to machining process
- Monitoring performance of equipment and making adjustments as needed to ensure the highest possible function, quality, efficiency and accuracy
- Performing preparatory work, setups, changeovers, resets
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and compiling shift reports
- Creating efficiencies and machining process improvements
- Some preventative maintenance
- Follows safety rules 100% of the time.
- Contributes to a safe work environment by following housekeeping guidelines.
- Maintains good attendance.
- Follows instructions and works to meet daily job assignments and KPI’s.
- Rotates within work area when directed.
- Monitors equipment condition and production quality and ensures all product (whether conforming or non-conforming) is processed in accordance with quality guidelines, customer requirements and the company’s control plan.
- Openly communicates with leadership and/or quality regarding concerns
- Completes product tracking logs for various types of product.
- Performs other Relevant work as assigned.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED: 2-3 YEARS (CNC Machining Operator – Machinist – Technician)
- Operation of CNC Lathe/Mill/Hurco Machine
- Ability to read and follow directions, analyze information and make decisions based on careful consideration of factual data
- Willingness to take initiative
- Ability to Read & Follow Engineering and/or Blueprint Drawings
- Using Indicator Snap Gages, Dial Bore Gages, Calipers to measure accurately and to adjust tolerances(+/- .001)
- Calibrating gages
- Operating the machine in automatic AND manual mode to perform start-ups, adjustments, resets, changeovers and/or shut-downs
- Setting up pilot holes, blocks
- Setting up indicators
- Adjusting probes
- Centering pads
- Performing basic tooling set-ups, changes or resets
- Performing rough cuts and rough cut verifications, precision cuts, boring or drilling
- Replacing tooling arms or inserts
- Correcting or adjusting, troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance
- Ability to follow process cards and enter/adjust based on data therein
- Some understanding of/experience with G-Code and GD & T symbols a bonus
- High School Diploma or GED
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. Depending on stationed work area, exposure to elevated temperatures exists.
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee must be able to regularly lift and move between 50-75 pounds, throughout the shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; bend; twist; rotate; and frequently, to read, write, talk or hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours and days of work are determined by their shift. Working overtime may be required as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.