The Downtown Grand Rapids Ambassador Team keeps your downtown friendly, safe and beautiful! What we do every day makes a difference in the lives of people that live, work and play in downtown Grand Rapids. We promote from within so if you're interested in growth you've come to the right place! We pay weekly and your schedule is the same every week so you'll always know when you work.
We are currently hiring for part time and full time:
Clean Ambassadors - 11am-7:30pm
Hospitality Ambassadors - 11am - 7:30pm
Hospitality Ambassadors - 3:30pm-12am
On Call/Event Support Ambassadors - varies based on needs & events
Our Awesome Ambassadors are: Responsible, Kind, Emotionally Mature, Fun Loving, Super Friendly, Outgoing, Engaging, Serious When They Have To Be, Hard Working, Problem Solvers, Empowered to "Do What's Right"... you get the gist!
If this sounds like you please apply!
Some of the Great Benefits We Offer:
• Health (majority paid by company)
• Dental (majority paid by company)
• Insurance/Short & Long Term Disability
• FSA&HSA Spending/Free Uniforms
• Birthday Pay (Yep, you read that right!)
• An Awesome Company Culture Where Fun is Encouraged
• Two Discount Purchasing Programs
Provide a high level of visibility at the street level to carry out a wide variety of tasks SUCH AS PATROLLING, BEING OBSERVANT, AND BEING A DETERRENT TO CRIME and to improve the overall appearance of the service district they are assigned to.
• OB/SERVE AND REPORT – while on patrol be watchful for unwanted behaviors or criminal activity and behaviors and report via two-way radios. Must be able to articulate an accurate description of persons, vehicles, and other similar identifiers.
• HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE – While on patrol will go out of the way to actively acknowledge and greet pedestrians and say "hello" with a friendly greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations to restaurants, entertainment or local attractions.
• REPORTING – must be able to provide written reports of broken infrastructure, such as: broken light fixtures, tree wells, broken bricks or unsteady bricks on sidewalks, graffiti on private property, and provide a basic daily report of accomplishments and tasks completed.
• PROFESSIONALISM – Must maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of expected professionalism. Block by Block Ambassadors take pride in our job and in what we represent. WE WANT YOU TO DO THE SAME.
• Must have the physical capacity to traverse continuously during an eight hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen minutes, and one thirty minute meal break)
• Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather gear
COMMUNICATION – Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports.