Job Title: Field Service Technician
Job Category: Service/Technical Services
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Field Service Technician - Iron Mountain, MI
Are you mechanically inclined with a knack for hands-on work? Do you enjoy a flexible schedule and working independently? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference every day by solving complex problems and providing an exceptional customer experience?
If you want to work for a great company where you will have the opportunity to advance your career and make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, join our growing team as a Field Service Technician in the Greater Iron Mountain, MI area!
What you will do as a STERIS Technician:
At STERIS, our Field Service Technicians act as the face of our company by ensuring top-notch service for our customers. In this field-based, customer-facing role, you will travel to hospital and surgical facilities to maintain, troubleshoot, service, and provide calibration and installation support for steam sterilizers, medical equipment washers and other STERIS products as needed. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships with customers and colleagues, as well as completing necessary administrative tasks. In addition you will be responsible for the following:
- Drive Customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving Customerâ€™s issues/problems.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on STERIS and related product lines in a safe and efficient manner. This includes disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components.
- Ensure a positive Customer experience by providing timely PM performance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, etc. Perform minor installations as required.
- Establish and maintain effective, communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization.
- Promote STERIS growth through identifying sales opportunities and recommending STERIS products/services to Customers.
- Communicate promptly and efficiently with Customers providing informative status updates.
- Be a positive ambassador for STERIS at Customer sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful:
- A High school diploma or GED with 2+ years of relevant experience required.
- An Associateâ€™s or bachelorâ€™s degree in electronics, mechanics or a similar discipline, plus 1+ year(s) of related experience, is strongly preferred.
- This position may be elevated to a Field Service Technician II role for candidates that possess an appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by STERIS.
- Transferable skills for this role include mechanical (large military/agricultural equipment, appliances or vehicles), plumbing, HVAC, electrical, building maintenance
- and other similar field service repair work.
- Valid driverâ€™s license is required.
- Strong technical, organizational, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working independently without supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple, changing priorities.
- Willingness to work in a hospital setting that may include visibility to emergency trauma.
- Ability to work flexible hours (at times outside â€œnormal business hoursâ€) and travel as required.
- Physical working requirements include:
- Routine movement such as walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling and grasping.
- Performing work from floor level to above shoulder height. This may include the use of ladders and/or scaffolds.
- Routinely lifting, lowering and carrying 1 to 35 pounds, as well as occasionally lifting and lowering 36 to 49 pounds.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working in confined spaces and under variable temperatures.
What STERIS can offer you:
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global company that will invest in your career growth over the long term. STERIS wouldnâ€™t be where it is today without our incredible, talented people. Thatâ€™s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive pay
- Annual merit bonus and incentive plans
- Extensive hands-on training and development
- Company vehicle, uniforms and all necessary tools provided
- Business travel and all related expenses paid
- Service training and coaching program
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Iron Mountain
Job Segment: Maintenance, Technician, Medical, Electrical, Outside Sales, Manufacturing, Technology, Healthcare, Engineering, Sales
STERIS Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.