Busche Aluminum Technologies, a division of Busche Performance Group is seeking an experienced IT Technician. An IT Technician will install, modify, and repair personal computer hardware and software systems and provide technical assistance and training to system users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Monitor and respond to help desk tickets from users with communication issues.
- Provide general IT Support duties and responsibilities.
- Install and upgrade computers and peripherals.
- Relocate computer hardware, peripherals and equipment as needed.
- Install and configure software as needed.
- Install network cabling as needed.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of the network infrastructure equipment.
- Diagnose and repair equipment, including printers, shop terminal and personal computers.
- Preform regular backup on critical mission terminals.
- Maintain accurate records of terminals and inventory.
- Training computer users.
- Writing and editing training manuals and technical documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These requirements are, however, subject to the discretion of the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) – Four (4) years related experience and/ or training.
- Ability to quickly learn and support new hardware and software.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Advanced computer skills and have working knowledge of all aspects of IT.
- Previous experience with PLEX is highly desirable, but not required.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of organization and have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational skills (electronic and paper)
- Work requires attention to detail and ability to problem solve.
- Customer focus – build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Will work in both office and manufacturing floor environment. When on manufacturing floor will be exposed to moving mechanical parts, occasionally exposed to wet conditions, fumes, vibrations and loud noise and exposure to seasonally hot and humid conditions, dust, and other elements will occur. When in office environment, noise level is moderate. PPE will be required when on manufacturing floor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May occasionally be required to work in high places.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time, exempt position. General days and hours of work are Monday through Friday with core hours 8 am – 5 pm. Occasionally will work outside the core hours to support IT activities. Will be required to respond to IT issues in off work hours.
TRAVEL: Occasional travel to other BPG locations may be required.