Plans, coordinates, and directs quality program designed to ensure quality control and quality assurance of the production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through quality staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To supervise Quality Assurance personnel in accomplishing tasks necessary to monitor and control Quality at the plant and vendor levels to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and enhance the systems to support the ISO / TS 16949 quality system.
- Document the results of the testing and inspection. Review the results of the testing and inspection. Publish reports as to the status of quality for the respective manufacturing areas.
- Initiate corrective actions through the review of the reject and scrap reports. Create Problem Solving Teams with the Production Manager. Reports on these activities at the weekly production meeting.
- Establish training procedures to assist the Engineer at the APQP meetings. Provide guidance and direction on quality matters. Establish the measurement studies and act as the initiator for the process FMEA and Control Plans.
- Oversee creation and updating of Control Plans on all product produced in their respective areas.
- Improve Customer Satisfaction: The Quality Manager will act as the customer representative for the manufacturing plant.
- Responsible to review departmental activities and make recommendations to Management as to training, equipment, and organizational needs.
- Insure that the entire supply chain is engaged in the production process.
- Lead the Quality Control Program – Dotted line responsibility to Quality Director
- Perform any duties assigned by management not outlined in the above responsibilities.
- Knowledge and practice of Company’s Health, Safety, and Environmental policies, procedure and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Quality team for automation and mixing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with manufacturing, engineering, production, customer and other plant and office personnel. Attention to detail and accuracy. Must have good computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft office, CMM, calipers, micrometers, gauges. Must understand rubber and plastic molding, CNC, assembly processes in a manufacturing environment.
EDUCATION &/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent; and 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Advance math
COMPUTER SKILLS: Able to read engineering blue prints, Microsoft office, Quality software, etc.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and process several abstract and concrete variables. Must be able to assess reasonableness of the analysis performed. Must have experience in dealing directly with the customer.
Must have proven track record of accomplishments as a Manager with respect to cost reduction programs and problem solving techniques.
Must have excellent people skills.
Proven ability to make decisions based on data.
Good written and oral communication skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Driver’s License, passport (not immeditate but may be needed in the future for international travel).
Must have a solid background in ISO / TS 16949 requirements, ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Employee may be required to travel overnight.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will be an office within the production floor. There may be occasions where the employee will have tasks to perform in a Laboratory environment and a Manufacturing environment, where Personal Protective Equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses and Safety Shoes are required.