What is the Inside Sales Representative – Retention role?
As a Retention Representative, you’ll learn the art of active listening and apply your problem-solving skills to deescalate customer concerns. Use your way with words to engage you callers, reinforcing the range and power of Spectrum’s unique products and their value to generate sales. Provide exceptional service by promoting our campaigns and saving plans to customers all over the country from one of our comfortable modern call centers. Alleviating customer concerns and bringing them around to value-added plans will be your specialty as you seamlessly transition between conversation and computer billing and requisition programs. As a diplomatic specialist, you’re all about appealing to customers with data and tact. You’ll even collect commission bonuses for your qualified core upgrading efforts, which can boost your salary to six figures.
"Our agents earn hourly base pay along with lucrative commission and incentives for a target hourly earnings of $25.76/hour or $53,574 annually. Our top performers have potential to earn even more."
It’s all about learning and growing
This may be a new road for you, but the journey is all mapped out. With lots of dedicated peer and mentor support, our fully paid training programs shape our Representatives into quick-thinking authorities. We’ll bring you up to speed on Spectrum’s product suite – and our competitors’ products – in about a month, including telephone, data, wireless, and video. As products are updated, so are you, so you can pass that knowledge on to your customers.
With a deliberate path to success
We know that the best people to lead are those who have been down the same road before. Most of our supervisors started as Representatives themselves, proving that career advancement is a very real and achievable goal. Peer-to-peer mentoring and regular coaching sessions ensure you feel supported and have everything you need to succeed. Get started at a Fortune 100 company and see how far you can go.
The benefits are clear
In addition to the core benefits — industry-leading retirement savings plans, comprehensive health care, paid training and time off — we offer free Spectrum products and services, education assistance, child care discounts, and a selection of other programs to help support you and your family.
What’s required to get started?
The minimum requirements for Inside Sales Representatives – Retention are:
• Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently in order to communicate with customers and colleagues in a clear, straightforward and professional manner
• Ability to empathize with the customer
• Problem solver with effective persuasion skills
• Ability to effectively trouble-shoot technical problems
• Ability to work independently; highly motivated and detail-oriented
• Ability to show judgment and initiative
• Ability to communicate in a clear, professional manner
• Strong working knowledge of cable communications products and services to include video (TV), data (internet) and voice (telephone)
• Ability to overcome objections
• Ability to demonstrate a record of success in your sales career to date
• Knowledge of Business Telecom complexities
High school diploma or equivalent
Related Work Experience – 2 years
Customer Service / Telephone sales experience