$17/hour, all shifts available!
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) plays a critical role in providing superior customer service and nursing care to all Guests. The CNA safeguards the health, safety and welfare of all Residents under their care by following applicable laws, regulations, and established nursing policies and procedures.Essential Functions
- Provides quality nursing care to Residents in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity and freedom of choice.
- Provides individualized attention, which encourages each Guest’s ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
- Carry out assignments required for the Guest’s activities of daily living (ADL’s) which include but not limited to bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, and feeding.
- Attends to individual needs of all Guests in regard to incontinent care, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communication and other needs.
- Provides care that maintains each Guest’s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears and other damage by changing incontinent Guests, turning, repositioning immobile Guests and by applying moisturizers to fragile skin and other areas.
- Performs various tasks assigned by the floor nurse including checking vital signs, weighing Guests, applying creams/ointments and collecting specimens.
- Must be knowledgeable of individual care plans and support the care planning process by providing supervisors with specific information and observations of the Guest’s needs, preferences and report any behavioral changes.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Guests and interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
- Must answer and respond to call lights promptly and courteously.
- Assist with new admissions, re-admissions and assist with the transfer of Guests to different rooms within the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a current Michigan Certified Nurse Aide Certification or have completed a Michigan approved CNA training program and are eligible to test. Must be certified within 4 months of hire.
- One year of experience in long-term care, hospice, or healthcare desired (not required).
At SKLD, we hire people, not positions. The people at SKLD are our greatest asset. Their energy, passion, and focus are central to achieving our goals. We appreciate them and their drive to improve the lives of the people around them. And we reward them by providing recognition, respect, opportunities for growth, and bankable benefits. Our pay and perks are among the best in the area.
Some of the benefits we offer to our full-time employees include (but are not limited to):
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Cancer, hospital, and accident coverage
- 401(k) with a company match up to the first 2% contributed
- Generous paid time off accrual
If you’re looking to join an energetic, creative, and passionate team, then this is the right company for you!
Illuminate HC provides equal employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, height, weight, Veteran status, marital status genetic information or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.