SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter and working on the Supply Chain/Distribution team isnâ€™t just about how we serve our customers, itâ€™s about how we treat our associates. We want you to feel valued as an individual and as part of our team. Our culture is vibrant and associates want to stay here because we have good people. Itâ€™s not unusual to see longevity of 25+ years at our facilities. We share a sense of pride and are excited to contribute to the companyâ€™s prosperity.
A day in the life of a Warehouse Supervisor is never the same but, in this role, you can make a positive impact as you work with distribution associates to ensure productivity, excellent customer service and efficient operations for a leader in the food distribution industry.
What youâ€™ll Do:
- Supervise the day-to-day warehouse activities within your area such as shipping, receiving, selection, loading and/or storage
- Maintain warehouse reporting on related KPI's
- Ensure compliance with distribution procedures and governmental regulations
- Ensure proper maintenance of and report any issues related to equipment
- Work with warehouse leads to coordinate day-to-day scheduling of associates
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates
- May be responsible to assist with labor agreement administration, as necessary
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Outstanding leadership and training skills
- Ability to multi-task and have good follow through to meet deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
- 3 years of warehouse distribution experience
- 1 year of supervisory experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; may occasionally need to lift over 20 pounds (with or without assistance). The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to an office environment and/or distribution setting and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions; temperatures may vary within distribution center. The noise level in the work environment varies; office setting may be low to moderate; distribution center setting may be moderate to high.
General office equipment (i.e., computer, telephone, copy/facsimile machine, etc.)
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.