SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Grand Rapids.
A day in the life Customer Service Manager is never the same, but in this role, you will be expected to lead the day to day activities of the front-end operations in a retail store, ensuring the guest assistance, customer service, cashier, and cash office areas are fully staffed, trained and operating to company standards. Responsible for the financial aspects of the front-end operations of the store.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Manage a team that completes all front end cash register purchases (i.e., cash, check, debit/credit/EBT cards, gift certificates) and other transactions (i.e., bottle return, money order) to ensure accurate and timely transactions as well as high levels of customer service
- Maintain knowledge of the storeâ€™s sales program including ad items, special prices, coupon deals and other features.
- Oversee the cash office team to ensure the bookkeeping and cash controls are maintained per company audit standards
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals. Develop and monitor department budget as required
- Make recommendations to improve current programs and processes
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Two years retail experience (Preferred)
- One year of supervisory or lead role (Strongly Preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication, and bookkeeping skills
May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.