SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Grand Rapids.
A day in the life of a Floral Lead is effectively supervise all functions and activities of floral department associates to achieve sales and profit goals established for the
department; to ensure that the work shifts of all department associates contribute to the financial best interest of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Order and maintain inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover
- Ensure that products are priced and stocked to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation
- Manage the selection, scheduling, and supervision of others to meet or exceed departmental productivity levels as delegated by department manager
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know differences in price, preparation, use etc.
- Handle spoiled/damaged products per established guidelines
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Proficient Computer (email, spreadsheets, etc)
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.