SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter and working on the Supply Chain/Distribution team isnâ€™t just about how we serve our customers, itâ€™s about how we treat our associates. We want you to feel valued as an individual and as part of our team. Our culture is vibrant and associates want to stay here because we have good people. Itâ€™s not unusual to see longevity of 25+ years at our facilities. We share a sense of pride and are excited to contribute to the companyâ€™s prosperity.
A day in the life of a Mechanic Journeyman is never the same but, in this role, you would be expected to inspect, diagnose and perform preventive and corrective maintenance and repair of diesel semi trucks and trailers. Ensure compliance with company safety policies and procedures as well as legal regulations. May assist lesser experienced mechanics with basic preventative maintenance as necessary.
What youâ€™ll Do:
- Perform routine inspection and diagnose failure of tractors/trailers and disassemble, repair and reassemble parts. Identify and employ proper procedure of troubleshooting to determine when parts need replacement and when repairs are necessary.
- Prepare and/or complete DOT inspections and related paperwork/documentation accurately and timely. Apply technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as written diagrams, manufactures' manuals, etc.
- Mentor and train less experienced mechanics on company procedures and tractor/trailer repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure workspace is clean and organized.
- Responsible for the adherence of all safety and environmental policies and procedures.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Trade School Graduate (Preferred)
- Heavy Duty Master Mechanic (Preferred)
- One (1) year diesel mechanic experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid commercial driver's license, Class A (Class B will be considered) with brake endorsement and good driving record. Must pass DOT physical examination and subject to periodic random alcohol and drug test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must frequently sit, walk and stand, use hands to handle, grasp, and twist objects, tools, or controls, and use both feet for repetitive movements as in operating foot controls. Must frequently walk, talk, crouch, kneel, bend, stoop, twist, and reach with the hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds with assistance as needed. While performing the duties of this position, employees are subject to a warehouse environment and frequently exposed to changes in temperature and humidity (-20Â° to 105Â°).
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.