PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB POSITION
This job position requires the following minimum physical abilities to adequately perform the above activities:
- STANDING – The employee needs to be able to stand for the entire shift, walk for the entire shift, and may be able to sit on occasion depending on the specific task currently assigned.
- WALKING up to 2 miles per day is required.
- The PACE of the job is set by the employee as reasonable and as required by outside constraints such as deadlines.
- LIFTING – A significant amount of lifting is required for this job position. The maximum lift is 60 lbs. without a hoist. The average lifting weight is estimated at 10-15 lbs. and these lifts vary from off the floor to lifting above the shoulder level.
- Twisting while lifting is sometimes necessary.
- PUSH/PULL activities of approximately 20 lbs. are occasionally necessary.
- HAND/WRIST use is essential with fine motor skills constantly being used as well and pinching/gripping and repetitive twisting and bending of wrists.
- ELBOWS – Forceful and repetitive bending and straightening of the elbows is required.
- SHOULDERS – Forceful and repetitive use of the shoulders is required often above the shoulder level.
- KNEES – Work on the knees and squatting activity is required at times.
- CLIMBING up to 6 feet above the floor level is required depending on the job.
- VISION – 20/40 or better with or without correction.
- COLOR VISION – Employee must have adequate color vision to distinguish color coded hydraulic lines and electrical wires.
- HEARING – Must be able to hear better than 40 Decibels threshold level in at least on ear.
Floor Surface - Concrete mostly but at times may need to work on almost any surface.
Temperatures - Usually 60-70 degrees
Chemical Exposure - Aerosols and Paints
Much effort has been made to make sure this job description is as complete as possible. It is, however, not inclusive and should not be taken as such. Other activities may be assigned, which are related or are a logical extension of this job, to assure smooth operation of Twin City Foods.