SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Forest Hills.
A day in the life of a Pit Master is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to responsible for preparing smoked meats, seasonings and sauces per our smokehouse operation guidelines; ensure the superior quality and freshness of all smokehouse products. Understand health, safety, and sanitation regulations.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Responsible to have a complete understanding of the smoking process; ensure superior quality and freshness of all smokehouse meat products. Ensure meats are properly processed, prepared and know cooking times for all items to ensure correct doneness
- Responsible to make seasonings and sauces used in the smoking
- Organize items for preparation in order to ensure meats are processed accurately and efficiently in order to minimize waste
- Responsible for understanding the health, safety and sanitation regulations related to the smokehouse
- Maintain and clean equipment (i.e., blenders, utensils, etc.) and work area
- May be required to assist in other deli department duties during slow times within assigned area
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently with customers
- Good customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to read accurately follow recipes and directions
- High School Diploma (Preferred) or Equivalent (GED) preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.