DK Security is recruiting for the position of Uniform Security Officer in West Olive, MI at the local Consumer's Energy plant. You will find the job description listed below.
TITLE: Uniform Security Officer
- Hourly Pay: $12.48/hour
- Benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, short term disability, identity theft protection, and paid medical leave. Full-Time employees are also eligible for medical and paid time off.
3rd Shift Opening - Weekends (Additional Availability Preferred)
Site Runs 24/7; 8-hour Shifts
SCOPE: Uniform Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, students and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires and natural disasters, as well as providing outstanding customer service.
- Must provide excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Guard posts – this may include outdoor positions, building lobbies or reception areas.
- Most locations will be outdoors and will require the Officer to operate out of his/her personal vehicle (at a stationary post).
- Will make hourly wellness phone calls to the Command Center.
- Conduct hourly foot patrol of interior and exterior to check entrances, doors, windows and vents are locked and secure against break-ins (includes climbing stairs).
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television, if applicable at the location.
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- May operate x-ray and/or metal detection equipment where the equipment is deployed.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Will report potentially hazardous conditions and items in need of repair including lighting, plumbing, wet floors, etc.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Officers will NOT smoke while in DK Uniform, on or off duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent (some college is preferred).
- Must have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must have a working cell phone and ability to make hourly wellness calls.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and willingness to travel to multiple locations.
- Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. ability to adhere to our Appearance and Grooming policy).
- Must possess above average customer service skills.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically and mentally sound. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time; walk long distances, including up and down stairs; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and be able to speak and hear. Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects. Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time (8-12 hour shifts), navigate stairs, and work in or outdoors for the duration of the shift time.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK Security’s job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.
M/F EEO/AA Employer