Staff positions are supportive roles providing support to our rehabilitation mission. Applicants for staff positions do not need to have a barrier to employment to be eligible for these roles.
Peckham Inc. - IT Service Program Manager
Under the general direction of the IT Service Desk Program Director within the Business Services business line, the IT Service Desk Operations Manager manages 10+ IT Service Desk supervisors while ensuring efficiency, reliability and overall performance of the Service Desk team. This position is responsible for managing all Service Desk related procedures and processes including but not limited to monitoring, tracking and coordinating all Service Desk functions. The IT Service Desk Operations Manager assists in developing and maintaining effective and efficient Service Desk processes while working with internal support groups to ensure appropriate resources for the Service Desk.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and enforce Service Desk Service Level Agreements (SLAs) including answer speed, abandonment rate, call and ticket quality, proper contact resolution, etc.
- Liaison with and utilize Peckham support partners (training, intake, facilities, human resources, support service, workforce management, etc.) regularly to meet objectives.
- Utilize proven forecasting and staffing methodologies to manage staffing levels and meet SLAs.
- Manage the on boarding and off boarding processes for Service Desk staff and agents.
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities, identify areas of improvements, and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service.
- Manage the processing of incoming contacts to the Service Desk via telephone, web, chat, and e-mail; ensuring courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Monitor and test operational solutions to ensure problems have been accurately resolved.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk operations performance and generate statistical reports identifying trends and recommendations based on the analysis
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on customer support issues.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the design and enforcement of the request handling and escalation policies and procedures
- Facilitate meetings and/or provide briefings for Peckham leadership or customers.
- Assist in the development of training frameworks and programs to keep the staff updated on new industry practices.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Develop a unified team of supervisors who lead their respective teams in line with corporate, department and team goals.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to supervisors in leading their teams.
- Provide career planning for supervisors.
- Conduct performance appraisals of Service Desk staff; administer disciplinary action, raises, bonuses, and promotions when necessary.
- Ensure positive and professional interactions between the supervisor team and all customers, partners and agents.
- Foster excellent communication both within the team and with support groups.
- Ability to produce functional requirements based on operational and customer needs
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Promote Peckham's vision values and services to all customers and stakeholders
- Assist in maintaining organizational wide quality standards
- Other duties as assigned
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
- Passing and maintaining federal and state security background checks.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen due to contract regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years' of experience in managing/providing Service Desk support to a large customer base
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) Support Center Manager certification required to obtain within 6 months after hire
- General ITIL Foundations knowledge required with ability to obtain ITIL foundation certification within the first 6 months
- Experience developing a unified team
- ITIL Foundation Certification preferred
- IT Technical Certifications are a plus
The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities on a case-by-case basis.
PECKHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. Peckham provides equal opportunities and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION FOR APPLYING NOTICE
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of your application please:
- ClickHERE and you will be directed to the ILRU Directory to find an agency in your area that can assist you
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at (517) 316-4000
- Visit us at: 3510 Capital City BLVD, Lansing, MI 48906 (M-F 8am - 4pm)
Examples of reasonable accommodations may include making a change to the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Grand Rapids, MI
- Posted Yesterday
- Full time