- Zeeland, MI, USA
- Full Time
Plascore has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer in our Panels business unit who can develop, implement and drive manufacturing standards. The Manufacturing Engineer should possess an in depth understanding of all disciplines within the business unit (scheduling, purchasing, quality and production) and have a passion for cost reductions through process and product improvements.
- Assist mechanical designers to design improvements on the exiting equipment or build new equipment
- Assist in the design and performing of various experiments on the product line to improve quality and consistency of the products
- Contact suppliers regarding availability and technical performance of components and raw materials
- Work with other engineers in problem solving team and quality related design issues
- Assist in the documentation generation and control of drawings and tooling, manufacturing instruction, preventative maintenance procedure, engineering reports
- Assist in the evaluation of new technology and devising of new machines, methods, and processes to improve profitability, quality, cycle time and safety
- Participate in improving our product, processes equipment and methods
The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field and proven experience and proficiency with the following skills:
- 5 years' experience in design/build of equipment and fixtures, design of automation, and hands on experience in taking projects from start to finish
- Must be able to work well independently and be self-directed
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good math and analytical skills
- Experience supporting ISO9000, AS9100 and ISO 14001 initiatives
- Must be eligible to work on programs subject to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations). Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident ('Green Card').
Interested candidates with varying technical qualifications and experience will be considered.
Plascore, Inc. has established itself in the aerospace, automotive and marine industries as a global manufacturer of honeycomb core and light-weight panels.
Plascore offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. For more information about our company, please visit our web site at www.plascore.com. We are an EEO employer dedicated to workforce diversity.
We are an EEO employer dedicated to workforce diversity.