Provides direct assistance and guidance to youth transitioning between foster care and independence living in Staff Supported Housing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a role model to youth in residence by modeling responsible behaviors as required.
- Provide guidance in daily living skills, including household chores to youth.
- Monitor activities of youth to ensure their safety and wellbeing. Report non-compliance with home rules to the Case Manager.
- Maintain communication with youth to ensure adjustment to program expectations.
- Facilitate and /or participate in 'house meetings' to review house rules, plan activities or discuss other needs of house/group.
- Participate in treatment planning meeting with each youth as needed or requested.
- Communicate implementation of each youth's Independent Living Plan with Independent Living Coach, Case Manager and other appropriate parties.
- Maintain adequate awareness of youth's activities to ensure the safety of the youth, other residents, staff and the home are maintained.
- Report safety hazards and needed repairs within home and grounds to designated Case Manager or Supervisor.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College coursework in social services preferred.
- Professional training in social work, social services or child development preferred.
- Experience working in a group home or residential setting preferred.
- Experience working with youth preferred.