Provides social work and case management services for assigned cases, in accordance with all applicable contractual and regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume primary responsibility for all cases on assigned caseload. Provide a range of case management, including social casework, engagement, mentoring, and community referral.
- Collect, assess and document appropriate data and client progress. Assume responsibility for and complete documentation, reports, statistics, and assignments within required time frames and as required.
- Work collaboratively with referral sources, agencies, institutions and individuals who have pertinent roles in client's life situation.
- Prepare for and attend all scheduled court hearings on assigned caseload.
- Take primary responsibility for intake and initial placement services for all newly referred cases.
- Coordinate placement arrangements with caregivers, including transportation of children as needed.
- Provide more intensive supportive casework services to child, birth family, and caregiver during initial placement and replacement.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related human service field.
- Licensed by the State of Michigan preferred.
- One year experience in child welfare, preferred.