Networks Northwest is seeking a tech-savvy, independent, and organized professional to join our Northwest Michigan Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) teams. This shared position requires a desire to interface with the public, is tasked with serving as the first point of contact with clients for both programs, triaging the next steps for counsel, training, and referral. No two days are the same, areas of focus change, and this job will keep you on your toes. What doesn’t change is our mission, building a stronger community, and enhancing the quality of life for those in our region.
This position is located in Traverse City serving primarily the 10-counties of Northwest Michigan but regularly interacts with teams from across the state and may occasionally require travel within the state.
As a recognized leader in providing business consulting services, the SBDC’s mission is to assist businesses to launch grow, transition, and innovate, and offers expert assistance to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow their businesses.
The PTAC’s mission is to help local businesses compete successfully in the government marketplace and to enhance national defense and economic development of the State of Michigan by assisting them with obtaining and performing on federal, state, and local government contracts. The Northwest PTAC also serves the Upper Peninsula.
With the ability to truly have a positive impact on the lives of our regional small business owners and entrepreneurs, this is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, highly motivated, creative professional. Individuals with a passion for serving the business community are encouraged to apply.
Responsibility, Essential Duties, and Functions
An employee in this position may be called upon to perform any or all of the following essential duties. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Manages client intake and provides an immediate response to inquiries.
- Provides administrative and technical support to team members (often in the field).
- Networks and participates in community and business-related events such as business expos, training events, and other partner-related activities; some of which may be in the evening or weekend.
- Maintains necessary data and file storage requirements for CRM and proprietary databases.
- Develops and disseminates routine communication promoting special programs for the SBDC and PTAC.
- Assists with event logistics, promotional materials, and presentations.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
The following, or equivalent, are required:
- Associates degree, business major preferred.
- Minimum private sector work experience of three years.
- Demonstrates appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Effective team member.
- Well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to make individual and group presentations.
- Outstanding research skills.
- Proficient in computers, social media, business software.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Products.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license.
This is a full time, salaried position and entitled to full fringe benefit package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision reimbursement, life insurance, retirement contribution, vacation time, and sick time.