We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onInstagramandLinkedIn! We are Farmers!
We are passionate about quickly delivering awesome products for our customers through highly effective CI/CD pipelines. Farmers needs a self-starter system engineer with a DevOps mentality. In this role, you will join the team in building, maintaining, measuring, and constantly improving our delivery effectiveness.
At Farmers, we develop software in a fast-paced environment utilizing SAFe methodology. Our engineers have extensive experience in their areas, are life-long learners, and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You'll work closely with our entire systems and agile teams in a concerted effort to increase pace and efficiency.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the design and creation of system delivery solutions in line with the Farmers Enterprise DevOps roadmap, standards, and best practices. Works with systems owners to understand system architecture and deployment requirements. Able to maintain CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins CloudBees Enterprise. Secures declarative pipelines as code within GitHub Enterprise repository.
- Source Code Manager working with GitHub Enterprise and IBM Rational Team Concert SCM. Creates and maintains streams/branches and manages code merging efforts for Duck Creek Technologies | Enterprise P&C Insurance Software. Tracks and reports on code migration to stakeholders.
- Configuration Manager for Duck Creek Technologies | Enterprise P&C Insurance Software ensuring that changes have been tested, managed through environment migration, and automated where applicable. Conducts pre-release audits.
- Build and deploy engineer supporting automated build and deployments to all environments for multiple systems including off hours support for Production implementations, which could include nights and weekends.
- Assist with Infrastructure team projects such as software upgrades, domain changes, OKTA implementations, server refreshes, hardware upgrades, etc.
- Administrator for UrbanCode Deploy and Rational Team Concert from both software and server perspectives.
Provide support for DevTools such as BeyondCompare, Eclipse, RTC clients, and GitHub clients.
*Education Requirements: *High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
*Experience Requirements: *Level IlI: 5 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role or 1 year of experience as an Application SME Level Il.
*Special Skill Requirement: *
In line with SAFe/DevOps culture, fully support applications from ideation to production.
- Version Control tools like GitHub Enterprise and IBM Rational Team Concert SCM.
- Design and implement automation CI/CD pipeline working with tools such as CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise, GitHub Enterprise, IBM UrbanCode Deploy, and Splunk.
- Participate in the SAFe planning (big room and sprints) working with Rally.
- Be vigilant and aware of security in our daily activities and align closely with our enterprise security team.
- Experience with metrics and monitoring specific to DevOps (MTTR, MTTD, etc.)
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting DevOps best practices.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Node.js, PowerShell or Bash.
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages.
- Experience with additional tools such as Ant, Groovy, Gradle, Maven, and MSBuild.
- 2 years' experience working in an Agile, DevOps environment.
- Good communication skills.
/ Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. /
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Requisition ID: 200002BI