Job Title: CNC Production Assistant Lead
Reports to: CAD Design Engineer Specialist III/CNC Supervisor / Manufacturing Manager
Status: Non-Exempt /Hourly
Hours: Full Time (Sunday – Thursday/10:00pm – 6:30am, based on business needs)
$500 SIGN ON BONUS: $100 paid on your first paycheck, $150 paid at 90 days, $250 paid at 6 months!
Additional $1.00/hr third shift premium!
Requirements for this job:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 3 - 5 years related experience and/or training in CNC operating.
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure accurately.
- Ability to communicate with all team members in an effective and productive manner.
- Physically able to lift 50lbs.
- Hi-Lo experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Sets up, operates, adjusts, and executes CNC programs on the CNC routers to perform a complex series of progressive CNC operations.
- May set up machines for and instruct other operators in the absence in the Production Team Lead.
- Ability to load and unload parts on and off the CNC’s throughout the day.
- Ability to follow work order or procedural guide (specifications, instructions, and requirements) appropriate for each job, function or assignment before commencing work; and train others to do the same in the absence of the Production Team Lead.
- Ability to overcome obstacles with different materials while suggesting new ideas or processes to improve efficiencies.
- Ability to be crossed trained in all areas of the production floor and assist in other areas as needed.
- Back up to the Production Team Lead when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that all team members (including yourself) are adhering to health and safety standards; including all required PPE (glasses, masks, gloves, etc.) for this facility in the absence of the Production Team Lead.
- Ability to complete quality assurance checks designated for each job, function or assignment.
- Ability to make decisions when identifying in process problems and communicate to appropriate team member or manager in the absence of the Production Team Lead.
- Demonstrates ability to meet production standards on specific assignments within a reasonable time, depending on the degree of difficulty of your job function.
- Demonstrates the knowledge related to the flow of each job and handles each job in the most effective manner.
- The ability to route, drill, set up jobs for bending, glue, polish and pack plastic products.
- Knowledge of what job is next in line for production to improve efficiencies.
- Responsible for ensuring your work area is clean at the end of business day.
- Support and role model the culture within the company; writing stories, sharing feedback and offering individual written recognition.
- Miscellaneous assignments as directed by management.
COMPETENCIES include the following:
- Quality of Work - Accepts responsibility for quality and timeliness of work. Works to achieve goal in spite of barriers or difficulties. Adjusts focus when it becomes obvious that a goal cannot be achieved, redirects energy into related achievable goals.
- Attendance & Dependability - Individual can be depended on to report to work at scheduled time and seldom absent from work.
- Communication - Individual communicates effectively both verbally and written with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the company.
- Personal Development - Seeks and accepts additional responsibility for continuous learning and development.
- Problem Solving - Individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Teamwork - Conveys passion and rallies team members when challenged with a difficult goal. Keeps focused and on track and resolves any interpersonal issues arising that may jeopardize team success. Prompts others to contribute knowledge and information to assist the team.