Zook Farm Equipment
Grain Dryer Service Technician with Electrical Background (Journeyman or Master) – Full Time
Zook Farm Equipment is currently in search of a Grain Dryer Service Technician with an Electrical background.
ZFE is a family owned and operated business since 1994 that services farm and commercial customers with grain handling, storage, drying, expansion needs and service of existing grain handling systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform set-up and testing on Grain Dryer finished products to ensure they are functioning and assembled correctly
- Perform mechanical / electrical service calls on grain handling equipment
- Climb heights, lift, sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Operate manual and power tools
- PLC programming / troubleshooting
- Update dryer software annually
- Valid driver's license (Chauffeur license) and reliable transportation
- Teamwork attitude with good communication skills
- Report to work as scheduled
- Maintain appropriate and professional hygiene
- Drug free
- Education: Journeyman or Master Electrical License (Preferred)
- Experience: 0-1 year of experience in reading electrical schematics and ladder diagrams, with a strong electronics aptitude and training.
- Functional Skills: Strong analytical, electronic/mechanical aptitude to learn, troubleshoot and diagnose issues. High attention to detail.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Ability to read an electrical schematic and troubleshoot electronic circuitry is required. Ability to use hand tools, pneumatic tools, gauges, and multimeters preferred.
Abilities / Experience in the following areas would be a strong plus:
- Electrical knowledge (Journeyman)
- Mechanical and Electrical aptitudes
- 7:00am – 5:00pm (schedule can change to meet demand)
- Monday to Friday (occasional weekends)
- Typically works outside; must be able to occasionally lift 50 pounds; Must be able to climb for testing and on site troubleshooting.
- Wages: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Service technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Travel throughout central lower Michigan
- Occasionally staying out of town
- Essential Industry
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401K with Employer match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Paid drive time