Assures that the community is maintained in a clean, safe, manner by performing general housekeeping tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean, wash, sanitize and polish furniture and fixtures in residents rooms/apartments, common areas, shower and bathrooms, and hallways. Clean shower curtains, etc. and/or replace as needed.
- Vacuum, mop, spot clean, and wipe spills on floors, floor mats, counters and other areas.
- Empty small waste containers and dispose of refuse properly.
- Maintain proper supply levels for paper supplies, soap, garbage bags, etc.
- Clean mirrors, telephones, and windows in resident rooms and common areas.
- Clean walls, handrails, bumpers, doors and door hardware, and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting and deodorizing.
- Clean vacant rooms as assigned.
- Evaluate residents' rooms/apartments and public areas for safety and report concerns to supervisor.
- May be required to perform functions of laundry aide.
- Assist with orientation and training of new housekeeping assistants. May be required to assist in cross-training of housekeepers laundry assistant duties.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a housekeeping capacity preferred.