Praxis Packaging continues to grow!!! We are seeking experienced Material Handlers / Forklift Drivers to safely move product and supplies and help our operation run efficiently. We currently have openings on 1st & 2nd Shifts. Successful candidates must have experience driving forklifts and be motivated a strong sense of customer-focus and urgency. This is a fast-paced environment! You must work well independently and be able to change priorities quickly in a flexible environment.
· Base Wage = $15.00/hr. + Shift Premium for 2nd shift work.
· Overtime is required and all hours worked over 40/wk. are paid at 1.5x
· Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, STD/LTD, paid Vac/Holidays
· Growing company with excellent opportunity for advancement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Accurately and in a timely manner, move job materials and production supplies to lines and pick up finished skids.
· Assist with Shipping & Receiving functions, as needed.
· Maintain Power Industrial Truck certification – must be able to meet company licensing requirements for all power industrial trucks required for the position – sit down, stand up and power platform
· Work with all supervision and employees to ensure that cGMPs and Praxis’ SOPs, policies and work instructions are being followed.
· Maintain policies and quality standards on the production floor and in the warehouse.
· Must be willing and able to work OT & weekends as needed, as well as 10 or 12-hr shifts.
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· 3-5 years of similar experience (with material handling, driving hi-lo, forklift, etc.) required.
· Good communications and organization skills required.
· Basic mechanical and mathematical aptitude required.
About Praxis Packaging:
Established in 1989 and headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI with facilities in New Jersey and Ohio, Praxis Packaging Solutions is a full service contract packaging company specializing in Secondary Packaging operations for the consumer product, cosmetics, food & beverage, over the counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, and promotional products industry as well as Primary Filling and Packaging of Oral Solid Dosage Tablets.
We are an independently operated subsidiary of the Huizenga Group. The Huizenga Group is a privately held firm that provides management services to a diverse group of companies. The current portfolio of companies provides products and services for the world adding automotive, pharmaceutical, military goods, medical device, consumer goods and office furniture manufacturers
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.