The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a Retail Pharmacy Technician to join their team of 600 committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this position is a detail minded individual who is familiar with a pharmacy environment.
This position reports to Staff Pharmacists and the Manager of Pharmacy Services.
- Possess knowledge of general chemical and physical properties of commonly used medications as they relate to storage requirements, cytotoxicity, flammability, basic diluents and solutions.
- Follow department and hospital-wide policies and procedures and applicable Federal and State laws.
- Obtain and add insurance information, patient demographics, and prescription data into the outpatient pharmacy prescription processing system for pharmacist's review; determine if prior authorization is needed and begins facilitating the process if needed.
- Submit claims to third party insurance for processing; label, fill and deliver medication to appropriate patient's bedside prior to discharge under the direction of the pharmacist.
- Receive and triage information requests from patients and providers; research and provide information where appropriate; refer other inquiries to pharmacists.
- Assist pharmacist with maintaining the ongoing medication inventory and supplies.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $13.70 - $19.87 per hour based on years of experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the State of Michigan required.
- Completion of accredited one-year pharmacy tech program desired.
- 1 – 3 years’ pharmacy technician experience (or directly related experience) preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory control helpful.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst team members.
- Proficiency with computers and basic office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org