In this role, you will report to a Maintenance Group Leader, and this role will be on 2nd shift (3:00 pm – 11:30 pm). You will have numerous responsibilities – from diagnosing malfunctions, to repairing equipment, to performing preventative maintenance, to finding root-cause solutions to problems. You will work with HVAC equipment, air handling units, chillers, cooling towers, boilers, pumps, motors, valves, heat exchangers, controls, compressors, kitchen equipment, steam process and equipment, air compressors and monitoring water treatment chemicals.
This position will require flexibility for possible Monday through Saturday scheduling, with the department determining which days will comprise the work week based upon production and scheduling demands. This role may require scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Associate’s Degree or Technical School training, with a minimum of 5 years of Journeyman related work experience as an HVAC/Central Plant/Boiler Technician.
- HVAC Certificate, Boiler License and Refrigerant Reclaiming Certificate.
- Training and experience in water treatment systems for open and closed loop systems
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and adhere to safety practices.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication, system air balancing, pneumatic and electrical controls.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Experience with Honeywell Control Systems is a plus