The Group Leader is the front line of leadership at the plant level. Their purpose is to oversee all operations within their area (zone). The Group
Leader is responsible for ensuring that Safety, Quality, Delivery and production Efficiencies meet the standards and expectation of internal and
external customers. Group leaders are also moral builders and are responsible for creating a positive work environment for all employees.
RESPONSIBILITIES & RESULTS
- Manage processes with detailed accuracy, and discipline.
- Coaches and assist all employees with problem solving, and personal issues.
- Train team members on various processes, procedures and job tasks within their work zone.
- Certify team members on individual workstations to satisfy each level of progression on the skills matrix.
- Ensures quality standards are met.
- Ensures on time delivery is met according to customer demands, and scheduling.
- Pays close attention to detail. Example: Safety, Housekeeping, quality, performance, instructions given by management, and employee well-being.
- Incident reporting, and investigation of root cause for injuries, near misses, and manufacturing equipment incidents (i.e. mis-hit, tool crash, etc.).
- Monitors employee attendance, and disciplines accordingly in accordance with the employee handbook.
- Monitor production quality and throughput. Ensure that hour by hour boards, zone boards and other production monitoring systems are updated.
- Work with support groups to return processes to standard when abnormal conditions occur.
- Manages operations in accordance with attendance.
- Directs team leaders, material handlers, operators, and support groups on daily task.
- Conducts toolbox talks daily to remind employees of all categories listed on the check sheet.
- Follows Company produces for production identification & trace-ability, containment of non-conforming material, inventory movements and production reporting.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent (required).
- Three to five years related experience in a supervisor position (required).
- Associates degree or bachelor’s degree (preferred).