A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you'll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ?????:None
About the Role
The L&D Specialist role will be globally responsible for implementing the L&D standards, processes, instructions into the training programs, and for managing all training coordination aspects using the enterprise Learning Management System. You will be working in a global environment and become an expert in LMS operation, maintenance and support, driving consistent practices in areas such as training scheduling and management, communication and reporting. You will ensure L&D initiatives are successfully implemented through proactive training management and coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
This role reports to the Global L&D Director, Functional Academy. This role will not have any direct reports.
What You Will Do
- Ensure effective and consistent organization and roll-out of global L&D programs, courses, workshops by working closely with training vendors, facilitators, participants across multiple functions and offices
- Maintain and update the training programs nomination process, participation tracking, success measurement as per L&D policies, processes, monitoring and reporting standards
- Manage training programs logistics; coordinate facility, accommodation and equipment requirements as per need; ensure consistent tracking of all expenses and intercompany charges within financial timelines; provide data and reports as needed including for audit purposes
- Develop and maintain state of the art L&D communication channels such as intranet pages, newsletters, learning board meeting decks, training catalogs, program launches communication plans, training presentations, training instructions
- Manage L&D administration including user support, local ticket management, tool-linked communication, training of users and trainers, tool enhancements roll-out in alignment with the Global L&D Operations manager
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Min 3 years of experience working in L&D field or HR related environment
- Relevant experience in successfully managing Learning Management System projects such as roll-out of new features, user training and support, improvement plans, and metrics
- Analytical skills in working with data, identifying opportunities for improvement and executing a plan to deliver on those opportunities
- Strong communication skills written and verbal, and ability to work across multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to work independently, detail-oriented and organized, mindful of tight deadlines and immediate requests
- English communication proficiency
What is Nice to Have
- Training content development skills
- ADDIE model basic knowledge
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to work in an office located in Novi, MI
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status.