Provides direct supervision of youth in a residential setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish a family-like environment in the residence that includes modeling supporting behaviors and expectations.
- Assist youth with participating in daily schedule and routine, including but not limited to meal preparation, medication administration, developing independent skills, and preparing and organizing activities.
- Provide transportation for youth to appointments according to outlined safety rules.
- Monitor overnight activity at the home.
Job Qualifications Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Ability to learn de-escalation techniques and become CPR and first aid certified.
- Direct care experience in a mental health field or working with vulnerable adults preferred. Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English; Spanish preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with ability to work compassionately and display sensitivity to persons served.
Additional Work Requirements
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license with good driving record, proof of current registration and automobile insurance preferred; reliable personal transportation suitable for safely transporting persons served preferred.