This is a 2nd shift Diesel Mechanic position.
Medium/Heavy Duty Truck Technician
Star Truck Rentals is principally engaged in the long-term lease, short-term rental and fleet maintenance of medium and heavy-duty, over-the-road trucks. Star has been honored with the trust and confidence of over 1,000 commercial accounts, which include several Fortune 500 companies, Star Truck Rentals is the largest full-service truck rental and leasing company based in Michigan.
2016 marked 150 years of service for Star Truck Rentals and 100 years owned and operated by the same family! Being born and raised in Michigan since 1860, Star Truck Rentals is proudly in its 4th generation of family leadership. The company currently boasts 18 locations in Michigan and Indiana.
Star Truck Rentals prides itself in our commitment to each and every one of our employees. When you join Star, you are joining a family. At Star, we strive to provide top notch benefits and a great place to work.
What We Offer....
Star's Diesel Mechanics and their families are a top priority. That's why we offer all our diesel mechanics an excellent benefits package, including:
- Competitive wages
- Paid training through our in-house academy and manufacturers
- Long-term job security
- Free CDL training and testing
- Tool Allowances
- Medical-low cost to FREE coverage choices
- 401K with company match and profit sharing
- Identity Theft Protection
- Free Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Free Life Insurance
- Accident Coverage
- Critical Care Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid Birthday Holiday
- Paid Anniversary Holiday
- Flex Spending
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Free Dependent Life insurance
What You'll Do....
As a Diesel Mechanic with Star Truck Rentals you will perform all levels of preventive maintenance services, diagnose and repair malfunctions using computer diagnostic software, identify warrantable repairs and document repair orders. Our Diesel Mechanics are expected to work in a timely, efficient and safe manner.
You Are A Good Fit If....
- You are a team player
- You are committed to excellence
- You take ownership and pride in your work
- You set high expectation for yourself and your quality of work
- You are dependable and reliable
- You are willing to learn and share your knowledge with others
Star requires the following of all our Diesel Mechanics....
- 1+ years of diesel mechanic experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or Technical mechanic certification (preferred)
- A valid driver's license is required, and, must either possess a CDL or have the ability to obtain a CDL license (required)
- Master Michigan Heavy Duty Mechanic (preferred)
- Michigan State Mechanic Certifications
- ASE Certifications (preferred)
- A positive attitude
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic mathematics
- Sitting, standing, walking, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying up to 100 lbs. on occasion and up to 50 lbs. multiple times per shift, fingering, talking, hearing, and seeing.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@STARLEASE.COM