Capital Equipment Project Manager, Zeeland, MI --
We are currently searching for a Capital Equipment Project Manager with Food or Pharmaceutical Processing experience to add to our Zeeland Engineering team. This is a consulting project role.
- Lead a variety of project engineering, capital equipment, facilities, and continuous improvement projects for multiple customers in various industries.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate plant relocations and expansions, shutdowns and capital projects, as well as manufacturing processes across multiple projects / programs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering, Design, Facilities, Manufacturing, Quality, Production, Maintenance, and Management personnel.
- Consistently track and communicate project status, critical path, changes, milestones, and stage gates through the utilization of Gantt charts, and other project tools.
- Manage requirements, approvals and plans at all phases that coordinate and account for operations, hand-offs, inspections, safety, layouts, bid solicitations, constraints, etc.
- Identify and problem-solve gaps and delays at every phase and across multiple projects.
- Provide input on the selection of outside vendors to optimally meet cost, timing, and quality objectives.
- Utilize problem solving techniques to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical, manufacturing industrial engineering or construction management required)
- 10 + experience required as a project engineer successfully leading teams of engineers and contractors in capital projects, working alongside construction and facilities teams
- Experience required purchasing and justifying capital equipment
- Experience required performing manufacturing cost calculations and managing cost reduction projects
- Strong technical, mathematical and analytical skills essential
- Must have competence in engineering design and 3D CAD, AutoCAD and plant layouts
- Must have knowledge and application of quality management tools / statistical techniques
- Architectural Engineering background highly desired
- Experience working in a food or pharmaceutical industry highly desired
- Experience with food (liquid or powder) processing highly desired
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Project highly desired
- Experience with GMP’s, HACCP’s, OSHA, FDA, USDA general requirements preferred
- Experience with clean rooms and food / pharmaceutical processing preferred
- Work with minimal direction, consult with customers, providing excellent leadership and communication essential
- Exceptional initiative and work ethic a must
- Ability to travel required
- Be currently legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer without restrictions or expirations
DISHER is a nationally recognized product development and business consulting firm with offices in Zeeland, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets with capabilities spanning from napkin sketch through launch. DISHER is truly and simply a cool place to work. The team is supportive, skilled, and passionate. Our culture is rooted in our mission to make a positive difference with our coworkers, our customers, and our community. Hear more from DISHER team members at https://disher.com/about/?about=culture
Key Words: capital equipment, project management, manufacturing plant layout, line layout, problem solving, Microsoft Project, clean room, mechanical engineer, pharmaceutical, food, facilities