The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a Laboratory Quality Supervisor to join their team of 600 committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position oversees quality of the general lab. The Lab Quality Supervisor provides technical support for waived testing; reviews quality control, calibration, maintenance records, and interlaboratory peer data; prepares staffing schedules; coordinates proficiency testing; gathers employee competency data; and assists the manager in the overall direction of the lab including the lab information system.
This position reports to the Laboratory Manager and supervises Lab Technical Staff, as assigned, including Lead Techs (MT/MLT) and Lab Assistants.
- Evaluates pre-analytical variables, peer data, performance criteria, and establishes limits for quality control to assure accuracy and precision of lab testing.
- Provides technical support and oversees waived testing in clinics and other waived testing sites.
- Maintains technical competency in the lab and provides coverage as needed.
- Assist with personnel management (interviewing, hiring, employee planning, evaluate staff competency and complete performance reviews)
- Coordinates staff orientation, training and performance improvement needs in department.
- Organizes department staffing needs by maintaining department schedule and time off.
- Oversees proficiency testing, method and analyte validation (reviews proficiency data with administration and clinical staff; assures supervisory surveillance of quality control, maintenance procedures, and patient testing is performed and meets regulations).
- Assists with customer service to lab clients; assure testing, reporting and lab services are accurate, dependable and efficient.
- Assists in the administrative duties of maintaining a lab information system (identify/resolve issues).
- Assure technical policies/procedures are reviewed and maintained (evaluate new methodologies and instrumentation, evaluate workflow and process, contribute to decision-making).
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $52,728.00 - $79,102.40 annually based on knowledge and years of experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), life insurance and relocation assistance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science or related degree preferred.
- 4 years of clinical laboratory and supervisory experience desired.
- MT or MLT (ASCP) certification required.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst team members.
- Possess a strong supervisory aptitude with a proven track record of success in coordinating/participating in daily operations, tracking performance and process improvement.
- Proficiency with computers and basic office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) including experience with computer-based laboratory information system software.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks/staff simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
- Ability to participate in a rotating weekend schedule.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org