Basic Purpose and Scope:
The Sanitation I position is responsible for environmental sanitation, equipment and tools.
Core Values – Culture – Service:
- Responsible for driving the Litehouse culture through company core values
- Accountable for outstanding Customer service to all internal and external Customers
- Develop and maintain effective relationships through collaboration and consistent timely communication
- Help uphold a “Team Member” environment supporting others with positive behavior
Essential Job Functions – Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all job duties and operations in a safe manner, while following all federal, state, and Litehouse regulations and policies (Always)
- Clean and sanitize tanks or other food storage containers, clean, sanitize and organize multiple areas to meet or exceed environmental and plant requirements. (80%)
- Inspect completed tasks to verify conformance to specifications including required paperwork/documentation (20%)
- Utilize tools, chemicals, cleaning equipment, water and other items to perform duties (On-going)
- Responsibility to adhere to Food Safety policies and report food safety and quality concerns to their supervisor (On-going)
- Maintains clean work area and participates in housekeep throughout the facility and grounds (On-going)
- Must be able to frequently work overtime and weekends as necessary (On-going)
- Must be able to work scheduled shifts and meet attendance requirements (On-going)
- Other activities and duties as assigned (On-going)
Minimum Qualifications Required to Perform Work:
- Education: High School Diploma/GED Strongly Preferred
- Certifications: None
- Experience: NA
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to express ideas professionally, effectively and efficiently in the common language
- Ability to access and identify mechanical and/or electrical problems during disassembly and reassembly of equipment
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Compute basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships with all contacts inside and outside of the company with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, focus and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Sitting 0% Walking 10% Stairs/Ladders 5% Standing 85%
Near Acuity Speaking – Ordinary Speech Hearing – Ordinary Conversation
Manual Dexterity – Computer Keyboard Fingering
Lifting requirements: Frequently; up to 55 lbs. Over 55 lbs. must be with two or more individuals or with mechanical aides (hoist, dolly cart, forklift)
Employee will be required to perform: Climbing 5%
Bending/stooping; kneeling 20-50%; Crouching 5%; twisting 50-80%
Use of upper/lower extremities: Fine Manipulation/Fingering 100%
Grasping/handling, pushing/pulling, reaching (shoulder height or below) 80-100%
Sensory Requirements; Speech, vision, smell, touch and hearing
Employee is able to vary physical position or activity to perform the job rapidly.
Employee is able to enter confined space with round opening that is 17” across. Then once inside confined space employee needs to be able to move their body between openings that is 9” inches wide.
Employee needs to be able to lift their body out of confined space using their arms.
Temperature: Normal inside range – Normal with the possibility of potential extremes
Atmospheric Conditions and Noise: Noise
Potential Hazards: Hazards associated with working in a food manufacturing facility
Protective clothing or personal devices required: Smocks, protective gloves, goggles, safety glasses, face shield, hearing protection, bump caps and/or hard hats and any other personal protective equipment (PPE) as deemed necessary to perform the job safely
Exposure to fluorescent lights
Litehouse, Inc. is a 100% Employee Owned Company.
We are an EEO employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or veteran status. We affirm the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected classification.