Location: Upper Michigan and Wisconsin (primarily)
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include: competitive pay, overtime, paid on the job training, safety training and classroom safety instruction, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(K) and an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), life insurance, short-term disability, accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), and more! We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
We are seeking outside plant Groundman to install Coaxial (CATV) and/or fiber communication lines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and demonstrate proper safety to include equipment and work zone set-up according to DOT specifications.
- Coordinate with the crew foreman to ensure a clear understanding of roles and expectations in order to be productive.
- Assist with vehicle and machinery maintenance.
- Loading and unloading tools, material, and equipment needed.
- Installation of anchors, guy guards, and riser guards.
- Hand excavating existing utilities.
- Assisting lineman with installation of strand and cable.
- Experience in a similar industry desired but will train the right candidate.
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must be willing to travel and spend each week in a hotel.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Class A CDL preferred, otherwise must obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Must pass and maintain a current DOT health certification.
- Must understand and adhere to Federal and State OSHA regulations as well as Company Safety Standards as written, briefed and posted.
- Ability to use a variety of hand/power tools safely and effectively.
- Ability to lift approximately 80 lbs.
- Ability to endure long periods of standing, sitting or walking, bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching above the head.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
This is a full-time hourly position. You must be able to work beyond normal working hours of Monday through Friday including weekends as necessary.
To preview the work you will be performing please take a look at the videos below.