Job id : 7344-5445
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Responsible for all upholstery finishing and sewing for OrthoSEAT projects.
* FOCUS ON PATIENT CARE. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
* CLINICAL VARIETY AND CHALLENGE. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
* FAMILY CULTURE. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
* TRUST IN EACH OTHER. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff and community.
* A PROUD TRADITION. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Possesses specialized sewing skills unique to custom seating fabrication. Performs all necessary sewing and upholstery work for the OrthoSEAT Department.
* Assists with inventory counts; notifies secretary when stock items need to be ordered.
* Completes necessary documents for billing and submits to billing clerk.
* Researches new techniques for upholstery and finishing of projects by critiquing competitors' products and commercially available options.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS):
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Excellent sewing skills
* Upholstery and tailoring experience
* Excellent interpersonal relations skills
* Ability to organize work schedule and complete tasks independently
* Math skills relevant to sewing tasks (i.e. measurement, pattern making)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.
For more details go to URL