The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a full-time Home Medical Equipment Specialist to join their team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position requires someone compassionate and competent to set-up, deliver and follow-up on home medical equipment and clinical intervention needed for the patient.
- Plan, prepare, deliver, retrieve, set-up and demonstrate use of home medical equipment.
- Follow-up with patient via telephone within 72 hours of initial set-up.
- Train and educate patients, caregivers and co-workers on the safe and proper use of respiratory equipment including cleaning/maintenance; set and adjust clinical settings of respiratory equipment as directed by physician orders.
- Monitor and document compliance with equipment to meet patient insurance requirements.
- Work with patients to meet compliance goals; assist patient with fitting, evaluating and re-supply of equipment to ensure best treatment possible.
- Perform maintenance and servicing visits in patient homes to ensure needs are met and equipment if functioning appropriately; conduct in-home safety and patient needs assessment; report findings to supervising staff.
- Promptly respond to and troubleshoot equipment problems in the home, office and/or via phone.
- Follow policies, procedures, directives and compliance standards established by hospital and supervising staff.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with patients, staff and care teams.
- Document and maintain data within patient and insurance records.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $16.09 - $20.45 per hour based on years of experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
WORK SCHEDULE. This is a full-time position requiring participation in a rotating schedule to be on-call for after hours, weekend and holidays.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of Michigan or Wisconsin required, or obtained within 60 days upon hire.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- 1 year clinical experience and/or Durable Medical Equipment (DME) experience preferred.
- Knowledge of oxygen, sleep apnea and CPAP/BIPAP equipment/therapy preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be willing to travel (up to 60%) to patient locations in a hospital provided vehicle or personal vehicle during various weather/road conditions while transporting medical equipment.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients, families, caregivers, and team members.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position including lifting/lowering equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org