Environmental Health and Safety Technician
The EH&S Technician will carry out day to day operations of the EHS department. The successful Candidate will plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs to insure safe working conditions are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with applicable safety codes, handling of hazardous materials, hazardous waste disposal, and other relevant regulations.
- Participate in regulatory, insurance and other audits related to the facility, safety or environmental concerns.
- Implement site’s Hazardous Work Permit programs.
- Implement programs including hazard communication, SCBA training, respiratory protection, fire and safety emergency evacuation drills, fire safety, and first aid/CPR training.
- Document and maintain related training records.
- Implement safety policies and procedures to be followed by personnel in compliance with all regulatory agency (OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.) rules.
- Inspect facilities to detect existing or potential safety or health hazards and recommend corrective or preventive measures. Provide training where necessary.
- Supervise up-to-date inventory and documentation on various hazardous materials stored and used by the facility, including Safety Data Sheet (SDS) documentation of chemical in use.
- Coordinate the purchase, proper use, maintenance, inspection, testing and retirement of necessary safety and personal protective equipment.
- Document EH&S requirements by creating or editing policies and/or standard SOP’s
- Responsible for Leading and overseeing compliance with all EH and S systems, including ISO 14001, ISO 45001, Process Safety Management and other relevant programs the Company decides to pursue.
- Preferred degree in Engineering or Chemical Industry background.
- Strong Technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years professional EHS work experience.
- Ability to conduct Safety Training Classes.
- Knowledge and experience of Safety Management Systems in a Chemical Manufacturing setting.
- Highly ethical with the ability to understand complex situations and make decisions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the values of the company.