B&P Manufacturing is a top manufacturer of material handling equipment including hand trucks, carts, ramps, and dollies. We are also a contract manufacturer of military shipping and storage containers and pride ourselves as a creator of custom solutions for our customers ever changing material handling needs, focusing on safety and efficiency. This position works closely with the machine shop supervisor. A candidate for this position is required to work alone or with others to machine components to print using a variety of different manual machines, production quantities can range from one to hundreds and components change daily. A candidate should also be capable of creating and maintaining punching dies, tooling and fixturing as needed.
To assure customers orders are machined in accordance with the design and quality expectations of both the company and the customer. To best complete orders on or before schedule without sacrificing quality. To aid manufacturing with the creation of tooling for our various machines as needed.
- Experienced in manual machining using the following equipment: mill, lathe, saw
- Creation of tooling, jigs, fixtures
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing prints and follow work instructions
- Proper use and understanding of machinist measuring devices
- Good math skills
- Must maintain equipment and working area in a safe working condition
- Machine products as needed to meet schedules while maintaining quality expectations of customers
- Attention to detail and the ability to perform quality checks
- Required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch.
- Ability to sit and or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis
- High School diploma or hold a state or military approved high school equivalency diploma.
- Knowledge of basic machining skills
- Ability to pass a drug screening
Negotiable and competitive compensation ranging from $18.00-$25.00 per hour based on qualifications and experience. B&P Manufacturing offers a full benefits package including: medical, optical, dental, paid vacation/holidays, 401K with matching, and education reimbursement. This position is first shift and full time with a minimum of 40 hours per week, overtime may be required occasionally but the employee will be compensated accordingly (time and a half). Part time may also be available upon request.
B&P Manufacturing complies with EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability