B&P Manufacturing is a top manufacturer of material handling equipment including hand trucks, carts, ramps, and dollies. We are also a contract manufacturer of military shipping and storage containers and pride ourselves as a creator of custom solutions for our customers ever changing material handling needs, focusing on safety and efficiency. This position works closely with the welding supervisor, quality assurance and the CWI (certified welding inspector). A candidate for this position is required to work alone or with others to assemble, shape, fabricate or otherwise permanently join metals together in order to create a product that conforms to company and customer quality expectations. B&P works primarily with aluminum, steel and stainless steel metals.
To assure customers orders are fabricated/welded in accordance with the design and quality expectations of both the company and the customer. To best complete orders on or before schedule without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings
- Understanding of weld symbols
- Ability to use measurement tools
- Demonstrate proficiency in common welding processes and procedures
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use personal protective equipment
- Must obtain and maintain qualifications to specific AWS codes as needed by the company
- The company is willing to train and certify as needed
- Must maintain equipment and working area in a safe working condition
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to sit and or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis
- High School diploma or hold a state or military approved high school equivalency diploma or Career Technical Center Certificate.
- Knowledge of basic welding skills in MIG, TIG, and cutting processes
- Basic knowledge of welding machine setup and operation
- Ability to pass a drug screening
Negotiable and competitive compensation starting from $16.00 per hour based on qualifications and experience. B&P Manufacturing offers a full benefits package including: medical, optical, dental, paid vacation/holidays, 401K with matching, and education reimbursement. This position is first shift and full time (four 10 hour days Monday-Thursday) with a minimum of 40 hours per week, overtime may be required occasionally but the employee will be compensated accordingly (time and a half). 2nd shift (evenings) and 3rd shift (weekend days) may be available with a shift premium as well.
B&P Manufacturing complies with EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability